Annual Northern California Mid-Summer Barbecue, Sacramento, CA: July 25, 2004
Fifty-four people pre-registered for this annual event and 18 Lincolns arrived. An additional 5 to 6 Lincolns showed up, making for a nice display of Lincolns through the years. The often brutal Sacramento sun behaved itself and we enjoyed a beautiful summer day. Attendees enjoyed a delicious barbecue lunch as they relaxed in the shade on the bank of the Sacramento River. The annual speed boat races on the river were nearly as impressive as our land yachts in the parking lot.
Attendees voted on the 18 registered vehicles and the following awards were given:
- Ruth Boruck received the Most Valuable Person award.
- Paul Borgwardt won the Peoples Choice award for his stunning '56 Premiere convertible.
- Marv Wendt and Jan McNiel won the Longest Distance award for their 415 mile drive from Ridgecrest in a handsome '70 Continental sedan.
- David Clement won the Oldest Lincoln for his stately '32 Lincoln KB sedan.
A framed certificate was given for the following Peoples Choice awards:
- Car of the Thirties: David Clement, '32 KB Sedan.
- Car of the Forties: Jack May, '48 Lincoln convertible.
- Car of the Fifties: Paul Borgwardt, '56 Premiere convertible.
- Car of the Sixties: Jeremy Sanford, '67 Convertible.
- Car of the Seventies: Joe Gonzales, '74 Mark IV.
- Car of the Eighties: Tom Nill, '89 Town Car.
- Car of the Nineties: Mike Cunningham, '92 Mark VII.
(Thumbnail images link to enlargements.)
Photos: John Woodward